You have the ability to set the tone for the day – but not just for you. The influence you have is much, MUCH more powerful than you realize. You set the tone with all kinds of people in all kinds of places! Let’s take a look at just a few people you affect:
- Your kids
- Your pets (not people, but you still affect them)
- Your co-workers
- Your guests/clients
- Even people you interact with at the grocery store
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
As many of you may know, we have been actively involved in Keith’s Ice Cold Lemonade in Tulsa. A few weeks ago I went out of town on business while the Lemonade Stands were selling lemonade. The forecast called for 90% chance of rain, so they asked me what to do. I told them I didn’t see it that way. I saw it as a 10% chance of no rain, so they should go for it! My assistant posted on Facebook that we were going full steam ahead and soon I saw comments by others saying things like, “Great outlook!” and “Way to see the bright side!”
The next day started out misting and ended up raining all day, but instead of being down about it, the volunteers had a blast!
[video_player type=”youtube” youtube_remove_logo=”Y” width=”640″ height=”360″ align=”left” margin_top=”20″ margin_bottom=”20″]aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g/dj11NDdvd0dIbzRMRQ==[/video_player]
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, when summer gives you rain, you have a blast. You set the tone!