One thing I’ve learned about myself is that I often see things from a different perspective than most people. But, like anything else, there are advantages and disadvantages to every perspective. For example, creative marketing comes fairly easy to me. Other things, not so much…
In The Journey Training, one of the experiential exercises we do is focused on changing your perspective. We experience the phenomenon of perspective every single day.
Recently I was at a friend’s wedding. My 9-year-old daughter wanted to go, so I brought her along as my date. Here are some of the things I saw at the wedding:
- A slow-moving ceremony.
- O.K. snacks (a sweet and sour bar – interesting concept).
- Boring rituals to endure until it’s over.
Here is what my daughter saw:
- Every single movement of the bride was one of a beautiful princess.
- All of the colorful snacks were yummy!
- Dancing with daddy was fun!
- Watching daddy dance with mommy was fun!
- All of the attention she got from mommy and daddy was fun!
- Did I say that the entire wedding was fun?
Once I saw what my daughter saw, I realized that I had experienced a remarkable and memorable event! From now on, I will do my best to see things through new eyes (and it always helps to bring my favorite girl and one of my favorite princesses along for perspective)…
FREE Mini Journey Training
Discover How To Find More Passion and Purpose In Your Life!